Event Phone: 512-666-9003
January 15, 2022
3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
January 29, 2022
4:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Join us at Art Off Center for our Raku workshop. This two session workshop will cover the traditional skills of hand building your piece(s) for Raku firing. Artists will build and complete their pieces in the first class and will glaze and fire outdoors during the second class.
Students will hand build their piece using slab or coil methods during the first session using our grogged Raku clay. Piece(s) will be limited in size to approximately 8″ tall, 6-7″ in diameter.
After bisque is completed, students will decorate and glaze with AOC raku glazes and fire their pieces outdoors during the second session. Please wear cotton or non-flammable clothing and closed toe shoes for the firing.
The class fee includes instruction, clay, all firings, and use of studio materials.
Raku Firing is for decoration only.
Check studio for current CDC mask guidelines.
Registration and Refund Policies:
- Tuition is due in full at time of registration.
- Workshops with insufficient enrollment will be cancelled, participants will be moved to next session.
- Workshop registrants must be a minimum age of 18.
- Art Off Center reserves the right, if necessary to cancel the workshop due to unforeseen circumstances. Participant workshop fees will be fully refunded.
- Art Off Center can not be held responsible for travel arrangements.